Esher College recognises that mental health and wellbeing is a growing concern and therefore has a team of staff dedicated to promoting and supporting mental health. The College aims to provide a supportive, inclusive environment and is therefore proactive in its approach. Workshops and courses are run for students with anxiety and stress and events are organised to raise awareness. In order to maintain continuity and to provide support structures within the College for students diagnosed with mental health problems, the College works closely with organisations such as Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and outreach services.
If there is something specific you are interested in or think might be helpful, please contact the Mental Health Team:
- Declan Mason (DMM) Student Welfare Manager
- Jude Smit (JGS) Mental Health Advisor/Specialist Assessor
- Sara Doak (SED) College Nurse
- Lisa Herouvin (LH) College Nurse
- John Graves (JPG) Student Counsellor
- Viv Louizos (VEL) Student Counselling Services Co-ordinator
- Min Payne (MEP) Study Centre Manager
Sara, Lisa and Jude are also mental health first aiders. Lisa and Sara are available for mental health drop-in from 10-2.30 Monday to Friday.
External mental health services and other organisations can be found via the Services Hub