The College aims to provide a supportive, inclusive environment and is therefore proactive in its approach. Workshops and courses are run for students with anxiety and stress and events are organised to raise awareness. To maintain continuity and to provide support structures within the College for students diagnosed with mental health problems, the College works closely with organisations such as Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and outreach services.
If there is something specific you are interested in or think might be helpful, please contact the Mental Health Team:
- Robin Hester (REH) Director of Safeguarding and EDI
- Jude Smit (JGS) Mental Health Advisor/Specialist Assessor
- Sara Doak (SED) College Nurse
- John Graves (JPG) Student Counsellor
- Viv Louizos (VEL) Student Counselling Services Co-ordinator
- Nick Levy (NEL) Learning Support Manager
Sara, Jude and Robin are also Mental Health First Aiders. Sara is available for mental health drop-in from 10-2.30 Monday to Friday.
External mental health services and other organisations can be found via the Services Hub