PR1 information for parents
Each Progress Review (PR) is an opportunity for students and teachers to evaluate progress, identify support and set targets.
Progress Review 1 reports will be available on the parent portal from Thursday 16th November and will show:
- Current Progress
- Minimum Grades
- Approach to Learning Grade
Current Progress (For PR1 only)
- At Progress Review 1 the ‘Progress’ column indicates how a student is progressing academically in working towards their Minimum Grade.
- The Current Progress judgement will be based on the most relevant and recent assessment(s) completed on the course so far together with the professional opinion of the subject teacher(s).
The categories are as follows:
- Below = making below expected academic progress in working towards their Minimum Grade
- At = making expected academic progress in working towards their Minimum Grade
- Above = making better than expected academic progress in working towards their Minimum Grade.
Current Grade (From PR2)
- From PR2 (February 2024) students will be given a Current Grade which will be the grade a student is currently working at on their A level, GCSE or BTEC subject
- The Current Grade judgement will be based on the most relevant and recent assessment(s) completed on the course so far together with the professional opinion of the subject teacher(s).
- A Minimum Grade shows what students with similar GCSE results to your son/daughter has achieved as their final grades, on average, in previous years.
- It is important to note that this is just an average and in many cases with hard work students can achieve grades higher than their Minimum Grades.
- Students will always be encouraged to exceed their minimum grade.
Approach to Learning Grade
- This grade is decided on by the teacher.
- The possible grades that can be entered are as follows:
Response to Progress Review 1
Students will be conducting a self-review prior to an upcoming Progress Review meeting with their tutors to review their academic progress and agree a set of action points going forward.
Where there is a subject concern, the teacher will tick ‘priority’ on the report. It is essential that students book an appointment with their teachers for the Progress Review evenings which will be on the 16th and 21st November. All appointments will take place on Microsoft Teams.