​​​Hopefully you find the answers to your questions on this page, but if not please contact the Exams Officer

Open all


When are my exams?

​The exam timetables for all public exams held in college can be found under the Timetables and Key Dates tab. You can also check dates for individual subjects via the timetables on the exam board websites.

Students will have access to their personal exam timetable via the college portal once entries have been made in October, for the November GCSEs and February, for the summer examinations.


How do I apply for resits?

Resits may be available to current BTEC students for external assessments.

​All resits must be requested and paid for via WisePay, our college online payment system. Your personal online account will show all exams you are entitled to re-sit.


I have left Esher College – Can I come back to do resits?

​Currently the college is unable to accommodate ex-students or other private candidates to sit exams. Advice regarding alternative centres can be found on the resit page or by contacting the examination boards.


I was allowed extra time and/or other access arrangements in exams at my last school – what should I do now I am at college?

You should contact our Learning Support department as soon as you start college if you have previously had access arrangements.

We screen all students upon entry and provide further testing where appropriate. Needs can change over time which is why students who had arrangements for GCSEs do not automatically qualify in higher education. 

As access arrangements may also be provided for medical and/or psychological reasons you should contact the College Nurse service if this is applicable to you.


I panic in exams – what should I do?

​At Esher College we have excellent and pro-active Learning Support and Pastoral teams, and a College Nurse service to support students. There are workshops on how to manage anxiety and reduce stress, and we have a college Counselling Service that students can access in complete confidence. However, if students are suffering from a diagnosed condition receiving treatment such as Generalised Anxiety Disorder, they should talk to the College Nurse regarding access arrangements.


How do I get my results?

​Results are available to students via the college portal on the advertised dates. 

Students who have left Esher College are advised to print a copy of their results as they will need them to present when enrolling at university, further education college, or when starting a new job. For leavers, access to the portal will end in September. Students moving into their second year will have access to the portal continuously.


I am disappointed with my results – should I get my exam script back and/or get a review?

​As soon as results are released the exam boards provide a range of Post Results Services, including obtaining a copy of your exam paper and/or getting a paper reviewed. 

These services are subject to fees and variable deadline dates. Some deadline dates are very soon after results are published so it is important you take action quickly.


When can I collect my certificates?

The college does not receive certificates for A Level examinations until the end of October/beginning of November following the summer exams. Until then the only proof of results is your printout from the college portal. 

A level certificates will be posted Recorded Delivery to the last address registered on the college database. Once posted the college cannot take responsibility for the successful delivery of certificates. Any certificates returned to the college by Royal mail will be kept for 2 academic years after which they may be destroyed.

BTEC certificates for qualifications taken in 6.1 will be distributed by subject teachers in 6.2. BTEC certificates for final qualification in 6.2 will be posted home at the same time as A level certificates.

Please make sure that you keep your certificates in a safe place as you undoubtedly will be required to produce them as evidence of your qualifications at a later date.


I have lost my certificates – what should I do?

​If you misplace or lose your certificates you will need to apply direct to the relevant exam board or awarding body for replacements, for which they will charge a fee. Website links and telephone numbers can be found under Exam Board Contact Details