Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
This course is accredited and validated by the Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB). CPCAB is the only Ofqual-approved awarding body specialising in counselling.
Who is the course for?
This qualification is for candidates who want to:
- Take the next step in training to become a counsellor (having already acquired counselling skills).
- Learn more about counselling theory and agency work.
This qualification will enable candidates to:
- Prepare to work within an ethical framework.
- Understand the counselling relationship.
- Understand difference and diversity issues to develop empathic understanding.
- Understand theories of counselling and mental health.
Successful completion of the Level 3 Certificate can lead to the Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling or Level 4 Diploma in Life Coaching.
The certificate does not enable the candidate to practise counselling professionally
Candidates must have achieved a Level 2 qualification in counselling or a related subject, or equivalent.
Methods of Assessment
Assessment is through production of a portfolio evidencing achievement of the 7 learning outcomes/goals, and 75 minute external written exam.
Client hours required: None
14th September for 30 weeks
Enrolment deadline: 1 September 2023